Monday, 30 September 2013

A HOG drive, take 2.

For the first time in quite a while, I had a bit of time yesterday to work on one of my bots, and I thought I would spend it on Going Whole HOG. I am still using Lego as my main structural element, because it is so rapid to work with, and, come on, its Lego. I made the gimbal for the motor a lot smaller and sturdier, and used screws for everything except wire management, so hopefully it should hold together better, and I also made the frame twice as thick and much sturdier. I shall be keeping the basic rear gimbal for forward and back, and rasing and lowering the front wheels for steering method that I used on the first one. Some pictures:

I decided to try using the black servo for steering, but it proved to be too week to lift the whole chassis comfortably without strain, so that will be replaced with the orange one I used in the first version.

No comments:

Post a Comment