First off is this one. This shows most of the components of the flamethrower before it was assembled:
Getting that hole was no easy task. I think I ended up turning a floor mounted drill presses table 90 degrees to what it normally is and using about 7 ratchet straps to secure it to the table at the right spot. But I got it made. You can see where I spent a bit of time with a sander, smoothing out any inconsistancies in the metal and removing all the paint where the o-ring seals.
Princess Auto came to the rescue with a 1/4"x1/8" reducing coupling and a 1/8" small nipple. Both designed to be used in hydraulic systems and therefore rated to 5000PSI or so. The 1/8" nipple is a fair amount smaller inside due to the thick walls needed to contain such pressure and has nicely beveled ends on both ends that cause a much smoother transition for the fluid and therefore more stream and less spray. The smaller ID means less fuel flowing thru, and therefore perhaps slightly smaller flame but longer lasting. I can always drill it out if I find myself needing more flow. Here are a couple of pictures of the upgraded nozzle:
To end this post off, here are the videos that I took while pressure testing once all the upgrades had been made. First one is pressuring it up and describing the modifications, second is from the first person camera showing the upgraded spray pattern. Enjoy!