Saturday 10 August 2013

All Finished Up.

Well, I have been a bit busy the last little while, and I never got a chance to post that I have completed a couple important things:

Firstly, On July 29th I passed the Transport Canada written exam with 87% overall. There are 4 sections, Air law, which I got 80% in, Navigation, 90%, Meteorology, 90% General Knowledge, 86.7% Overall, not a bad mark :)

 Secondly, On August 5th, I passed my flight test with 114/124 or 92%. That was one of the most stressful flights I have ever been on.

In addition to passing the written exam, and the flight test, in order to get your license, you need a minimum of 45 hours flying, and after I passed my flight test, I needed 5.8 more hours to get that magic number, so I went for a few more flights, and on August 7 my flight training ended, I am now just waiting for some paperwork to go through, and I will have my TC Private pilot's license, as well as a TC glider pilot's license (which I got last summer) both for free thru the Air Cadet program. Truely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment